We’re a small company of dedicated problem-solvers out to make a big difference. At PVM, you’ll be working on tough challenges such as tracking real-time disease outbreaks, helping local law enforcement solve crimes, creating enterprise architecture to help with tactical decision-making, and others. Your talents will be utilized to make a real impact on people’s lives.
Here, we value authenticity and integrity above all else. As an employee-managed company, we empower our teams to bring fresh ideas, make decisions, and seek the best solutions for our clients. Simply put, we’re a company of professional software engineers who love what we do.
PVM, Inc. is seeking a Data Scientist. You will be part of a highly collaborative and growing network of cloud data experts taking on today’s biggest, most complex business challenges using the latest data technologies and partnering with the largest cloud providers. You will design and build Big Data and real-time analytics solutions using industry standard technologies and work with data architects to ensure Big Data solutions align with technology direction. You will have an opportunity to work in roles such as Cloud Data Engineer, Data Modeler, or Data Architect, covering all aspects of Data, including Data Management, Data Governance, and Cloud Data Migration. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity.
As a Data Scientist at PVM, you will build systems that collect, manage, and convert raw data into usable information for data scientists and business analysts to interpret. Your goal is to make data accessible so the organization can use it to evaluate and optimize its performance.
- Acquire datasets that align with business needs
- Develop algorithms to transform data into useful, actionable information
- Build, test, and maintain database pipeline architectures
- Collaborate with management to understand company objectives
- Create new data validation methods and data analysis tools
- Ensure compliance with data governance and security policies
- Conduct statistical analyses to develop strategies
- Builds predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Identifies data patterns and trends
- Proposes solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Presents information using data visualization techniques
- Documents all processes and research
Technologies You May Be Using:
- Programming Languages: SQL, NoSQL, Python, Java, R, and Scala
- Big Data Tools: Hadoop, MongoDB, Kafka, AWS Glue, AWS S3, AWS Kinesis
- AI/ML Tools: TensorFlow, PyTorch, MLFlow, NumPy
- Operating Systems: Linux and MS Windows
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, statistics, applied math, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred, with at least three years of hands-on experience.
- Proficiency in common programming languages, including SQL, NoSQL, Python, Java, R, and Scala.
- Proficiency in both relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with both Extract Transform and Load (ETL) and Extract Load and Transform (ELT) patterns.
- Experience with data storage strategies such as Data Lake vs. Data Warehouse and when to use them.
- Ability to write scripts to automate repetitive tasks across several platforms, including MS Windows and Linux.
- Familiarity with basic machine learning and artificial intelligence concepts to better understand the needs of data scientists on your team.
- Experience using business intelligence tools and data frameworks.
- Hands-on technical experience implementing or supporting Data Engineer Technology solutions.
- Experience using cloud-native services on one or more Cloud Platforms (GCP, Azure and/or AWS).
- Experience with gathering and processing raw data and translating analyses.
- Experience with designing and implementing relational databases for storage and processing.
- Experience with working within a team to integrate data processing with business objectives.
- One more thing, this role requires US Citizenship (No Dual Citizens).
You Might Have:
- AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty
- Experience with data analytics tools, including Collibra, PowerBI, Tableau, Amazon Athena, and Amazon Quicksight.
- Experience with Architecting scalable data platforms
Our Core Values:
- Enjoy continuously learning (we realize making mistakes means progress)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to break down complex concepts
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical personnel
- Detail-oriented and a team-player
- A creative thinker and enjoy a collaborative environment
- Work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision
What We Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package to include health benefits, flexible paid time off, 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, and internal employee micro-bonus program.
- PVM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. PVM is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Think you have what it takes? Apply today!