Sr. Software Engineer
TS clearance or higher required
PVM, Inc is actively seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer, to design, develop and support technical solutions and apply a variety of best practices. Specifically in this role, you’ll have an opportunity to solve technical challenges, work on complex, enterprise applications and develop solutions that will have a meaningful impact on U.S. DOJ operations.
• Diagnose and resolve technical issues in highly interconnected and integrated enterprise applications
• Derive technical requirements from statements of capability needs
• Manage and communicate requirements throughout the software development lifecycle, including requirements prioritization, requirement changes, and conflict resolution.
• Develop, test, and deploy enhancements to existing systems while working with key customers, other team members, and management.
• Perform system analysis, testing and debugging to defect root cause
• Proficiency in programming languages: Should have a strong understanding of at least one programming language and be able to write efficient and maintainable code. Specific languages we desire are Java and Python. They should also be able to learn and adapt to new programming languages as needed.
• Knowledge of software development methodologies: Should be familiar with agile methodologies and be able to apply them effectively in a team environment.
• Experience with software design patterns: They should have a good understanding of common software design patterns and be able to apply them to solve complex problems.
• Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills: An intermediate software engineer should be able to identify and resolve technical issues in code and be able to work independently to find solutions.
• Good communication and collaboration skills: Candidate should be able to work effectively in a team environment, communicate clearly and professionally, and be able to collaborate with other team members to deliver high-quality software products.
• ACTIVE TS CLEARANCE OR HIGHER WITH SCI ELIGIBILITY REQUIRED*
• 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience in Java.
• Strong understanding and application of fundamental object-oriented design principles
• Strong understanding of messaging integration patterns
• Ability to ideate and develop solutions from concept to completion
• Ability to respond to after-hours emergencies (rare occurrences)
• Ability to work on client site (no remote work available)
• BS/BA or equivalent experience
• Data/ML Pipelines using S3, Athena, Glue, Airflow, Kinesis or Kafka, and Sagemaker
• Serverless Apps using S3, Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, AppSync, and Cognito
• Experience/understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Cloud Native, AWS, and Serverless
• High technical standards demonstrated using design patterns, clean coding, peer reviews, and unit testing
• Experience with AWS GovCloud, DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) is a plus
Salary: $122,000- $135,000
• Process driven and project management skills
• Demonstrated superior organizational skills
• Exemplary communication and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience/Strong Proficiency in ETL development.
• Knowledge of ETL concepts, tools and data structures
• Ability to perform complex data analysis and troubleshooting
• Strong multitasking skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines
At PVM, we mean it when we say we value diversity. As a PVM team member, you will work with people from all different backgrounds that are passionate about the problems we solve for our customers and are focused on delivering value for our clients. Our culture encourages problem solving, leadership, and innovation, and creates an environment that will support your professional and personal growth. Here are a few highlights of the advantages of being a part of the PVM community:
• Opportunities for growth and advancement
• Tuition/Training reimbursement
• Peer bonus program
• Remote and on-site positions available
• Unlimited PTO
• Flexible work schedule
PVM delivers digital services that help government agencies unlock the power of their data for good and maximize the value of their technology investments. We design, develop, and deploy solutions to solve mission-critical problems. PVM is a black- and service-disabled veteran-owned small business and was founded by a retired Naval officer out of frustration with the status quo with one goal in mind: to help his fellow Shipmates solve the problems they were facing every day. Today, we continue to be driven by that same goal, and are focused on taking on our clients’ missions as our own to make a difference in the communities we serve.
PVM believes in equal opportunity employment. We won't discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, military status, or sexual orientation. As a company and as individuals, we're committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our team, our family members, and our clients.