Are you an awesome Software Engineer with strong developer skills? PVM is looking for you to support our project in the Atlanta, GA area. Remote work opportunity.
Who is PVM?
At PVM, Inc. we are professional engineers who love what we do, and have fun doing it. We have earned the trust of our customers and peers, and ... we are growing! We are an employee managed company that empowers our team to make decisions and seek the best solutions for our customers. We thrive on challenging problems with mission critical applications. PVM doesn’t shy from asking or answering hard questions. We value active voices and diverse teams.
Things PVM is Doing
- Helping to keep the U.S. population safe by providing public health institutions with critical capabilities to identify, track, and combat public health threats.
- Created new insights for U.S. financial institutions into their massive amounts of data.
- Provided real-time, enterprise solutions on enterprise architectures for DoD and Military strategic and tactical decision making
- Developed federal, state, and local law enforcement forensic investigations leveraging OSINT
Technologies You’ll Be Using
- Front End User Experience: Typescript, Angular.js, React, Objective-C, and Swift
- Opensource frameworks: Cassandra, Spark, ElasticSearch, Linux
- We also love using: Oracle, PostgreSQL, Vertica
- Builds and support provided with: Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Confluence, Jira
- Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- ACTIVE SECRET clearance
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline AND 5 years applicable experience
- Strong software engineering and software development skills in Java
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical personnel
- Great time management and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to break down complex concepts
- Detail-oriented and a team-player
- A creative thinker and enjoy a collaborative environment
- Work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision
- Comfortable with occasional travel.
Icing On the Cake
- Some mobile development and/or UX
- Strong knowledge ontological data modeling techniques
- Experience in public health or health related environments
- Engineering background, in either Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering or Physics
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building
- Proficiency with object oriented languages
- Adaptability in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users
- Enjoy continuously learning (we realize making mistakes means progress)
- Actively seeking opportunities to grow and develop
What We Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package to include health benefits, paid time off, 401K matching, tuition reimbursement and internal employee micro-bonus program
- PVM is a company made up of real people. Accommodating real people means things like allowing ample maternity/paternity leave, family vacation time, and cultivating a family culture within the company.
- At PVM you should feel comfortable to collaborate with team members to produce innovative solutions and to confront them with real life issues.
- The corporate tech world can be fast paced and highly professional- we want to take the edge off while making big waves in the industry.
- We would love to meet you and have you join our dynamic and diverse team!
- Find out more about us at www.pvmit.com