We’re a small company of dedicated problem-solvers out to make a big difference. At PVM, you’ll be working on tough challenges such as tracking real-time disease outbreaks, helping local law enforcement solve crimes, creating enterprise architecture to help with tactical decision making, and others. Your talents will be utilized to make a real impact on people’s lives.
Here, we value authenticity and integrity above all else. As an employee-managed company, we empower our teams to bring fresh ideas, make decisions, and seek the best solutions for our clients. Simply put, we’re a company of professional software engineers who love what we do.
PVM, Inc is actively seeking an AWS Software Developer Engineer who will design, develop, deploy, and support technical solutions using AWS best practices. In this position, you will be creating solutions for customers that have a meaningful impact on U.S. Maritime Operations.
- Provide AWS development and support for all aspects of programming, report writing, designing, and testing
- Provide technical application support for client-server, web, and cloud-based applications
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues in highly interconnected and integrated enterprise applications
- Manage and communicate requirements throughout the software development lifecycle, including requirements prioritization, requirements changes, and conflict resolution.
- Develop, test, and deploy enhancements to existing systems while working with key customers, other team members, and management.
Technologies You May Be Using:
- Web-based Project/Task Management tools like Asana, Jira, etc.
- Microsoft Office, BambooHR, Harvest Time & Expense, ZenDesk
- Web-based Wiki/document sharing tools like Confluence, etc.
- Video-teleconference collaboration tools like MS Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Online Instant Messaging/collaboration communication tools like Slack, etc.
- SDLC tools like git, gradle, JIRA, Circle CI, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
- 3+ years of AWS development experience
- Diverse knowledge of AWS services
- Firm understanding of REST and gRPC based API’s Experience with microservice architecture and design patterns
- Extensive knowledge and experience with infrastructure as code including AWS CloudFormation
- Data/ML Pipelines using S3, Athena, Glue, Airflow, Kinesis or Kafka, and Sagemaker
- Serverless Apps using S3, Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, AppSync, and Cognito
- Experience/understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Cloud Native, AWS, and Serverless
- High technical standards demonstrated using design patterns, clean coding, peer reviews, and unit testing
- A philosophy of agile software development and experience in handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Active Secret Clearance
You Might Have:
- Experience with AWS GovCloud
- Current AWS Developer certification or related AWS certification
- Experience with FedRamp certification in AWS environments
- Experience with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- U.S. Government Secret clearance or above
Our Core Values:
- Enjoy continuously learning (we realize making mistakes means progress)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to break down complex concepts
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical personnel
- Detail-oriented and a team-player
- A creative thinker and enjoy a collaborative environment
- Work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision
What We Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package to include health benefits, flexible paid time off, 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, and an internal employee micro-bonus program.
- PVM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. PVM is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Think you have what it takes? Apply today!