PVM, Inc is actively seeking an experienced Software Engineer, to design, develop and support technical solutions and apply AWS best practices. Specifically in this role, you’ll have an opportunity to solve technical challenges, work on complex, enterprise applications and develop solutions that will have a meaningful impact on U.S. maritime operations.
• Provide AWS development and support for all aspects of programming, report writing, designing, documenting, and testing
• Provide technical application support for deployed cloud-based applications
• Diagnose and resolve technical issues in highly interconnected and integrated enterprise applications
• Derive technical requirements from statements of capability need
• Manage and communicate requirements throughout the software development lifecycle, including requirements prioritization, requirements changes, and conflict resolution
• Develop, test, and deploy enhancements to existing systems while working with key customers, other team members, and management
• Active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain
• 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience in Java
• AWS Certified Developer Associate or equivalent demonstrated knowledge of cloud native development in AWS including Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, CDK (Cloud Development Kit) etc.
• Strong understanding and application of fundamental object-oriented design principles
• Strong understanding of messaging integration patterns
• Ability to ideate and develop solutions from concept to completion
• BS/BA or equivalent experience
• AWS Certified Developer Associate or higher (preferred)
• Data/ML Pipelines using S3, Athena, Glue, Airflow, Kinesis or Kafka, and Sagemaker
• Serverless Apps using S3, Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, AppSync, and Cognito
• Experience/understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Cloud Native, AWS, and Serverless
• High technical standards demonstrated using design patterns, clean coding, peer reviews, and unit testing
• Experience with AWS GovCloud, DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) is a plus
• Process driven and project management skills
• Demonstrated superior organizational skills
• Exemplary communication and time management skills
Salary: $85,000- $115,000
At PVM, we mean it when we say we value diversity. As a PVM team member, you will work with people from all different backgrounds that are passionate about the problems we solve for our customers and are focused on delivering value for our clients. Our culture encourages problem solving, leadership, and innovation, and creates an environment that will support your professional and personal growth. Here are a few highlights of the advantages of being a part of the PVM community:
• Opportunities for growth and advancement
• Tuition/Training reimbursement
• Peer bonus program
• Remote and on-site positions available
• Unlimited PTO
• Flexible work schedule
PVM delivers digital services that help government agencies unlock the power of their data for good and maximize the value of their technology investments. We design, develop, and deploy solutions to solve mission-critical problems. PVM is a black- and service-disabled veteran-owned small business and was founded by a retired Naval officer out of frustration with the status quo with one goal in mind: to help his fellow Shipmates solve the problems they were facing every day. Today, we continue to be driven by that same goal, and are focused on taking on our clients’ missions as our own to make a difference in the communities we serve.
PVM believes in equal opportunity employment. We won't discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, military status, or sexual orientation. As a company and as individuals, we're committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our team, our family members, and our clients.