PVM, Inc is actively seeking a talented Systems Engineer, experienced in Global Command and Control Systems – Maritime or Joint (GCCS-M/J) installation, tactical operations, communications, preventive and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting techniques and best practices. In this position, you will be working side-by-side with the U.S. Coast Guard, the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland security on systems that have a meaningful impact on U.S. Maritime Operations. Your responsibilities will include software installation, testing and troubleshooting, and you will have the opportunity to provide analysis to solve challenging problems associated with the systems you will support.
• Provide system requirements review and dissemination in accordance with customer needs.
• Execute software installation, System Operability Verification Testing (SOVT), troubleshooting, and maintenance support.
• Provide on-site training for GCCS-M and GCCS-J Family of Systems (FOS).
• Work side-by-side with U.S, Coast Guard (USCG), Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and contractor civilian personnel at multiple USCG training, development engineering, and shipboard sites.
• Provide analysis, testing, and support to solve unique and challenging problems associated with GCCS-M and other Command and Control (C2) systems.
• Facilitate collaboration between government, military and other personnel while ensuring client satisfaction.
• Execute systems installation plans and train users to maintain installed systems.
• Design and execute system requirements to meet client needs.
• Work closely with users to meet USCG and DHS requirements, installation, training, and maintenance schedules.
• Active Secret Clearance
• Previous background in Military C2 Operations (preferred)
• BS/BA or equivalent experience
• Current Information Assurance (IA) and / or IAT II certifications:
o CompTIA Security+ (or equivalent)
o Certified Solaris Associate or Administrator
o Microsoft Certified System Administrator
o Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
At least 5 years of experience with the following:
• Global Command and Control System – Maritime (GCCS-M)
• Integrated Shipboard Network System (ISNS) or similar Windows Server Domain systems
• Strong Solaris, 10 and 11 Operating System, as well as Windows Server and Client (Windows 7 and 10)
• GCCS-M interfaces to include Naval Navigation and tactical systems
• Knowledge of hardware, networks, and server administration
• Strong communication skills with the ability to break down, explain and demonstrate complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
• Ability to travel independently overseas
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Salary: $88,000- $110,000
At PVM, we mean it when we say we value diversity. As a PVM team member, you will work with people from all different backgrounds that are passionate about the problems we solve for our customers and are focused on delivering value for our clients. Our culture encourages problem solving, leadership, and innovation, and creates an environment that will support your professional and personal growth. Here are a few highlights of the advantages of being a part of the PVM community:
• Opportunities for growth and advancement
• Tuition/Training reimbursement
• Peer bonus program
• Remote and on-site positions available
• Unlimited PTO
• Flexible work schedule
PVM delivers digital services that help government agencies unlock the power of their data for good and maximize the value of their technology investments. We design, develop, and deploy solutions to solve mission-critical problems. PVM is a black- and service-disabled veteran-owned small business and was founded by a retired Naval officer out of frustration with the status quo with one goal in mind: to help his fellow Shipmates solve the problems they were facing every day. Today, we continue to be driven by that same goal, and are focused on taking on our clients’ missions as our own to make a difference in the communities we serve.
PVM believes in equal opportunity employment. We won't discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, military status, or sexual orientation. As a company and as individuals, we're committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our team, our family members, and our clients.